One of the biggest questions I get from interested ladies in my DM’s are what exactly do I do? Well, I’m a branding strategist and designer. But, that leads to other questions because… real talk… the branding world in entrepreneurship is unclear. There are graphic designers, branding designers, branding strategist, branding coaches, branding this, that and the other and even mentioning it here is making my head hurt.
So for this episode, I’m going to clear all of this shite up once and for all!
We are going to get into a mini-class about what you should know about the difference between a branding strategist and branding designer – and also when you should hire either one or even have a person that does both which will save you time, money and stress!
The Biggest Takeaways from This Episode
- By definition, a strategy is a plan, method or series of maneuvers for obtaining a specific goal or result. Therefore in our case of entrepreneurship, a brand strategist would be responsible for assisting in developing a measurable plan or method that creates an engaging brand for your business.
- A designer is a person who creates the sketches, drawings, plans or work to be executed to form the structure of something to be used or appreciated. Therefore, a branding designer creates the drawings, plans or brand method so that your brand’s structure can be seen and used visually and also appreciated.
- Both go hand in hand — having one is good. Having both is better
Strategy 1: If you’re trying to figure out how to get your special, niche audience and how to put your brand’s message out there, you’ll need a branding strategist. (If you’re unclear about what a niche is or how to get it, tune in next week’s episode!)
Strategy 2: If you’re trying to get your brand’s message to be seen clearly and consistently through engaging content, you’ll need a branding designer.
Strategy 3: If you need both things, hire someone that does both and make sure they are specific in your audience’s needs or your industry.
Resources from This Episode
- Need help with figuring out your brand strategy and brand identity? Take my quiz at brandyaflava.com
- Get to know me more at my free Facebook Group: Brand Ya Flava for more tips and strategies to grow your brand!
- Get my book: Brand Ya Flava: The Black Woman’s Guide to Branding Your Business
- Subscribe to my podcast show and get notified when there’s a new episode!
- Join my waitlist for Brand Flava University –a learning community membership where you learn how to design your brand with Flava!
A Flava Note
Thank you so much for listening and reading I truly appreciate it. I started this podcast because I’ve had so much to say and share about branding, especially as it concerns cultural branding for Women of Color. Also, I want to feature women of color whose brands are just starting in the entrepreneurial game but are rockin’ it out with their brands.
If you enjoyed this episode and my podcast in general, I would dance at your wedding if you can hit me up with an honest review and rating on Anchor, iTunes, Spotify, –whichever one you use to listen. It will help more women of color discover the show but also helps me know that I’m helping you as well.
If you’re a woman of color or a person who adores our Flava and you’re interested in being a guest on my podcast, hit me up at email@example.com.
Thank you again!
Learn About The Power Your Hold for Your Brand
Learning your Brand’s ‘Flava’ or your brand’s personality is the key to unlocking the power of your brand through messaging and attracting the audience that will love your business to success! Take this quiz to find out what’s your Brand Flava!