We are in a new year, but I ain’t saying Happy New Year yet! Because my new year starts on my birthday, Feb 5th. HA!
But not only that, I took some time from directly working in my business to take a look AT my business. I needed to see it from a different lens so I can really make changes that matter.
You know we come up with the big-time New Year resolutions to do better in our business and life, but somehow they just fade away, especially after two weeks of getting back into a routine.
However, since getting back into traditional teaching and creating my systems and processes for that, I realized the significance of doing this for my business as well.
And I realize how much TIME, ENERGY and saving PEACE of MIND it will give me in the long run –and it will save me; and even better, MAKE me MONEY!
Let me tell you – the visual branding stuff is pretty and cute –seeing all the colors and shit, but the nitty-gritty of branding is making sure your customers/clients get a good experience.
And your system or process for getting a customer or client is super important! And this is a resolution you don’t have to worry about trying to achieve in one year.
Creating a system or process for your brand last a lifetime – a lifetime of tweaking and changing.
But you have to get started on it first –and do it now! So forget about the pretty, glittery social media post for now and tune in to this episode where I lay down the 3 ways for you to create a system for your biz and kick stress and mayhem around your biz straight in the ass!
The Biggest Takeaways from This Episode
- If you’re a 9-5er or career professional with a business on the side, YOU DEFINITELY need a system! You need to be on this like peas and rice, like curry on goat or like kool-aid with sugar. You will find yourself trying to do the balancing act between your career, business, and your life – and something will have to give at some point –but if you have some systems in place, it could make the balancing act a bit easier.
Taking time to see what’s broken in your process is important. You could be denying yourself money if people can’t find you or what you offer.
- You’ll save yourself headaches when you know exactly what you need for the launch of your products and/or services from the jump. For example, you’ll know you may need a feature product page for your e-commerce site after you’ve completed a contest feature for Facebook and Instagram –so you can either hire or design these things to get it complete and ready for your launch.
Strategy 1: What do you want your customer/client to go from not knowing you from a hill of beans to becoming your loyal friend-emer (customer)/friendtele (client or clientele)? Decide if you need to be physically present for this entire process or not.
Strategy 2: Become your customer or client. Go through your own website, landing page, social media post, etc and jot down the progression of how someone will find you. (If they can’t find you within 1-2 minutes and contact you-you’ve got a MAJOR problem!)
Strategy 3: Fix It, Jesus! Build an entire process for your audience. This could be Funnels, 1:1 interaction, group interactions, e-commerce process, brick and mortar floor plans, etc.
Resources from This Episode
- Need help with figuring out your brand’s processes? Take my quiz at brandyaflava.com
- Get to know me more at my free Facebook Group: Brand Ya Flava and join me for free classes and tutorials in the group monthly!
- Get my book: Brand Ya Flava: The Black Woman’s Guide to Branding Your Business
- Subscribe to my podcast show and get notified when there’s a new episode!
- Join my waitlist for Brand Flava University –a learning community membership where you learn how to design your brand with Flava and get your hands on exclusive branding designs to fit your awesome Flava!
A Flava Note
Thank you so much for listening and reading I truly appreciate it. I started this podcast because I’ve had so much to say and share about branding, especially as it concerns cultural branding for Women of Color. Also, I want to feature women of color whose brands are just starting in the entrepreneurial game but are rockin’ it out with their brands.
If you enjoyed this episode and my podcast in general, I would dance at your wedding if you can hit me up with an honest review and rating on Anchor, iTunes, Spotify, –whichever one you use to listen. It will help more women of color discover the show but also helps me know that I’m helping you as well.
If you’re a woman of color or a person who adores our Flava and you’re interested in being a guest on my podcast, hit me up at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you again!
Learn About The Power Your Hold for Your Brand
Learning your Brand’s ‘Flava’ or your brand’s personality is the key to unlocking the power of your brand through messaging and attracting the audience that will love your business to success! Take this quiz to find out what’s your Brand Flava!