You’re in for a treat today, especially since it’s coming right around Christmas…Gurrrllll!
In this episode of the Brand Ya Flava Podcast, I’m giving you a WHOLE audio class ta-day!
That’s a lot of Flava in Ya Ear!
Ok, so you know how running a business is – it ain’t easy.
And getting the people who really want to buy from you is like the biggest part of the business?
Because that’s how you gonna make money, right?!?!
But when you seem to be getting the customers or clients who always looking for a discount or telling you stuff is “too expensive” —
Or, if you’re a service based solopreneur, and you get one of dem clients who work your everlasting nerve because they want the million-dollar crib with the jacuzzi on $50 budget (yeah, they tried it!)
Or for my product-based Flavalistas, you know those customers that will buy something and email you 30 mins later for a damn tracking number or estimated time of arrival –
Yeah, those folk.
Now, listen there’s not bad or wrong about those customers. They’re just not the right customer for YOU! (Unless you ballin’ like Target or Walmart).
But if you’re just a solopreneur or freelancer like myself, then you’re probably in that space where you know it’s time to start attracting the folk YOU want to purchase from you.
And that’s what I have in store for you today.
Today, you’ll learn 3 ways to attract the right audience for your brand!
And these 3 ways will make sure you put Beggin’ Bernice and Want-It-All Wanda’s to the businesses they will feel the happiest.
This way you can get all of the Lovely Lauren’s and Happy Halle’s that have fallen in love with your brand and willing to pay you as a loyal buyer.
And guess what, you think this was great? Wait until you join Brand Flava University! There’s this and so much more in Brand Flava U to make sure your brand looks and feels fabulous and oozing with your personality! Check out more in the resource section about Brand Flava U!
So grab your notebook and your favorite pen and
The Biggest Takeaways from This Episode
- Stand for Something – It’s a surefire way to keep the customers you don’t like dealing with at bay. And it also lets your audience know who you serve and why it’s so important to you.
- Having a distinct niche is important – Get over the idea that you have competition. The only competition is YOU. When you get super clear on your message, you realize your “competition” is really your ally and #levelingup your business is the real competition.
- Your Story Matters – Having a personality and sharing your experiences as it relates to your brand is super important. This creates a connection with your audience who is experiencing the same issues.
Strategy 1: The Pillars – these are your principles and values. Having 3-4 values or principles that represent what you stand for in your brand will help your audience choose for themselves whether your brand fits their needs. You’ll automatically attract the people who align with your values.
Strategy 2: The PSR Message – means Problem, Solution/Product, Result. This is a system of explaining what you do but addressing your customer’s problem(s) first. Then giving them your product/service as a solution and then the result of what they will get when they use your product or service to solve or ease their problem.
Strategy 3: The Philosophy Statement – Using an IF, THEN statement can help you tell your audience how you can help them solve or ease their problem and that your brand the only choice for them to do just that.
If you’re really a boss, write a statement for all 3 strategies and drop your answers in our free Facebook group here. 👏🏾 You just might win something awesome!👏🏾
Resources from This Episode
- Need help with figuring out how to leverage your story to create
brand? Take my quiz at brandyaflava.com
- Drop your homework bonus & Get to know me more at my free Facebook Group: Brand Ya Flava
- Get my book: Brand Ya Flava: The Black Woman’s Guide to Branding Your Business
- Subscribe to my podcast show and get notified when there’s a new episode!
- Join my waitlist for Brand Flava University –a learning community membership where you learn how to design your brand with Flava!
A Flava Note
Thank you so much for listening and reading I truly appreciate it. I started this podcast because I’ve had so much to say and share about branding, especially as it concerns cultural branding for Women of Color. Also, I want to feature women of color whose brands are just starting in the entrepreneurial game but are rockin’ it out with their brands.
If you enjoyed this episode and my podcast in general, I would dance at your wedding if you can hit me up with an honest review and rating on Anchor, iTunes, Spotify, –whichever one you use to listen. It will help more women of color discover the show but also helps me know that I’m helping you as well.
If you’re a woman of color or a person who adores our Flava and you’re interested in being a guest on my podcast, hit me up at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you again!
Learn About The Power Your Hold for Your Brand
Learning your Brand’s ‘Flava’ or your brand’s personality is the key to unlocking the power of your brand through messaging and attracting the audience that will love your business to success! Take this quiz to find out what’s your Brand Flava!