Are you feeling completely burned out with your business? Do you feel like you pour tons of you energy (time, money, resources, every-damn-thing) into your business but you feel completely exhausted, drained and annoyed to the point where you feel like just dropping everything?
Or even this… are you looking at EVERYBODY’s brand wishing yours would just blow-the-hell-up like theirs is? It seems like everyone else’s brand is rockin’ the game, but yours is just a ‘whomp-whomp’.
First off, don’t throw in the towel! (Unless of course you really took the time to assess whether entrepreneurship makes you feel happy and fulfilled).
If you have dug deep and know that you’re meant to be an entrepreneur, then this is the episode for you.
This week, I speak with my awesome Flavalista and boss friend, Loreal Moss of
She deep dives into talking about her journey on this same issue of burn-out, becoming completely overwhelmed by all coaches, the courses and information on the internet highway and then completely crashing into a business that she hated working in.
It wasn’t until Loreal defined her brand on her own terms that she was able to build a brand that is profitable for her AND is helping to change lives and fulfill her destiny.
Loreal was able to find her brand path, stand in her principles and values to build a brand that works for her life and happiness.
And this is the awesome conversation I want to share with you today. We talk about motherhood, the 9-5 to business grind, ‘shiny object syndrome’, following the ‘gurus’ and much more …
But what’s super awesome in this episode is the gems she drops about how she was able to turn her burnout into building a brand that she loves to work in and her audience benefits holistically from.
How can you define your brand on your own terms? Tune in to this week’s episode to find out.
The Biggest Takeaways from This Episode
- Mindset is one of the biggest parts of building a successful brand.
- Understanding that your business should work around your life (not your life working for your business) is critical for your success.
- Boundaries are necessary in order to succeed in business.
- Success is defined by your terms; not anyone else’s.
Resources from This Episode
- Loreal offer the CEO Reset Program which is a 1:1 (one-on-one) six-week transformational session to help you with your customer or client’s onboarding process by making sure it is clear, properly documented, and fully automated. In other words, Loreal helps you make sure your customer or client isn’t in your business wondering what’s next or having to hunt you down. The entire process is set up for you so you can free up your time to enjoy life more rather than be a slave to your business. If you would like to book a consultation with Loreal, book her now at www.lorealmoss.com/ceo-reset
- Follow Loreal on Instagram ( www.instagram.com/thelorealmoss ), Facebook (www.facebook.com/thelorealmoss) or Snapchat (www.snapchat.com/add/thelorealmoss)
- Get my book: Brand Ya Flava: The Black Woman’s Guide to Branding Your Business
- Subscribe to my podcast show and get notified when there’s a new episode!
- Join my waitlist for Brand Flava University –a learning community membership where you learn how to design your brand with Flava!
A Flava Note
Thank you so much for listening and reading I truly appreciate it. I started this podcast because I’ve had so much to say and share about branding, especially as it concerns cultural branding for Women of Color. Also, I want to feature women of color whose brands are just starting in the entrepreneurial game but are rockin’ it out with their brands.
If you enjoyed this episode and my podcast in general, I would dance at your wedding if you can hit me up with an honest review and rating on Anchor, iTunes, Spotify, –whichever one you use to listen. It will help more women of color discover the show but also helps me know that I’m helping you as well.
If you’re a woman of color or a person who adores our Flava and you’re interested in being a guest on my podcast, hit me up at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you again!
Learn About The Power Your Hold for Your Brand
Learning your Brand’s ‘Flava’ or your brand’s personality is the key to unlocking the power of your brand through messaging and attracting the audience that will love your business to success! Take this quiz to find out what’s your Brand Flava!